Food Tour: Yummy in Your Tummy
Duration: 210 Minutes (approx.)
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Product code: P814BL
Start your tour at Trg Nikola Subic Zrinski (Zrinjevac park) in front of the small Meteorological station. Your licensed local guide will provide an overview of the history and tell more about the current lively vibe of Zagreb. Get acquainted with the local brandy Rakija while enjoying cold meat platter. Advance to the largest farmers market of Croatia – Dolac, and feel the buzz. Sample the infamous sheep cheese from Pag island that triumphed multiple times as one of the best worldwide. Head to your third stop and try an award-winning Croatian spread, marmalade and juice. A ride by the shortest funicular in the world brings you to the medieval Upper Town. A stroll and an informative talk about the sights including Strossmayer Promenade, Lotrscak Tower and St. Mark’s Church opens your appetite even more. Savor on the main dish Sarma or Punjene paprike (depending on the season). Sip on a local beverage, Gemist, a combination of wine and sparkling water. Wrap things up and use the Gric Tunnel which was built during WWII as a getaway plan. Conclude the tour with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Walking tour of the city with a licensed local guide
- Food tasting as per itinerary - cold meat platter, Pag cheese (6 different kinds), Croatian spreads & marmalade, Sarma or Punjena paprika (depending on the season)
- Beverages: 1 rakija, 1 juice, 1 gemist, 1 coffee or tea
- Ticket for funicular ride
Trg Nikola Subic Zrinski 2 (Zrinjevac park) in front of the small Meteorological column at 10:00 am.
The tour does not operate on Sundays.
- Vegetarian option is not available.
- If you have any food allergies, please advise upon booking.
- Minimum drinking age is 18.
- Not recommended for people with mobility issues. A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- The tour operates in all weather conditions.